Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sit right back and you'll hear a tale...


So, a request for the story has been made...That is a picture of Melissa^^^

It started at Camp Wilmot...I guess...that is as far as I remember. Anyway, I met Melissa at camp...but that is the only thing that happened...I met her, that's all, nothing fancy. But that is how we met. I met her via her sister, Shayla. Shayla is a nice girl. At the time, I didn't refer Melissa by her name...I always called her "Shayla's sister.''

Several years passed, and we saw each other at other church functions. But we never acknowledged each other...I still called her ''Shayla's sister''. A year went by....I was graduating high school...she was alive. Then, I went with my best friend (Randy) to the mall of NH and met up with Shayla, Melissa and family. The girls were trying non-prom dresses, Randy and I said ooh and ah at the proper times.It was at this time I started calling Melissa by her actual name...she was no longer "Shayla's sister" That was in late May of '07. There were...8 months of silence. I went off to the UK, came back and went to NUA came back again, then left for school...

Sometime in late February, I blocked and unblocked people on AIM. Melissa was blocked, so I unblocked her...but at the time I didn't think it was her...I thought it was someone else. The day after an IM pops up from her and we started talking...being all friendly like...
Melissa's best friend started talking to me as well...and said how well Melissa and I would go together...at first I dismissed the comments...but after talking to Melissa after a while we both acknowledged that we liked each other...but we both agreed that we didn't want to rush things. Spring break came around and on my first Saturday home, Randy and I visited Melissa and Shayla...it was a typical friendly visit...it went so well, we visited again the next Saturday, the 15th of March. This time it was more...date like. Randy, Shayla, Melissa and I played a looong game of Monopoly...Melissa and I were decimated by Randy and Shayla. After the game, Randy and I treated our dates to Applebee's...we had a good time, and had laughs...before we left for Applebee's I asked Melissa's father for his permission to date Melissa...he said yes. On the way back to their house, I asked Melissa if She would go out with me (officially) and luckily she said yes. Once we got back we watched a couple of movies, Dan in Real Life, and Just Married.

By the time we left, it was after Midnight. That was a good day for us all. Today it has been a week...and we are still together...so I guess I am doing something right. I am greatly liked by the family and yeah...that is my story.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Saxophone Player's Wife said...

Awwwwww! That is an awesome story and she is a beautiful young lady. She has a very sweet countenance.

How nice that you asked her father first. He must have been very impressed by you showing such respect for him and his daughter.

I'm very happy for you!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home