Sunday, November 04, 2007

Time after Time...

Dear readers,

Hullo and good night.

A lot ( Ok...not really a lot) of things have been going on up here in the Middle of Nowhere. First of all...I had another Ball that I attended. This time, I went to the Navy/Marine Corps Ball...it was a MILLION times better than the Regimental Ball...but still not complete...Yet again, I was alone...then I was joined by a couple of Corporals...and we talked. It was nice.

The Ceremonies started, and of course there was the AWESOME bagpipes being played...the Marine's Hymn of course. Then the best part was when several rooks decided to replay the Iwo Jima scene...and after the scene was completed, "I'm Proud to be an American" played...a very touching song...perfect for the occasion. Then dinner commenced...and this was VERY good. Some type of chicken and steak with Burgundy Mushroom and Wine sauce, garlic mashed potatoes...and stuff like that...and a coffee or two, of course.

Then the very awesome danicng started, they started with the old classics...Electric Slide, Locomotion, and several other cool songs...then they moved into the newer hippity-hoppity junk that I have no care for. After a few songs of utter blahness...they moved into the couples songs...and this is where I had to sit out...as I had no one to dance with...and at this point, I left as there was no point in staying for the rest.

Besides the NMCB, Us "Rooks" have completed our "Basic Training"...Yipee...all that means is that we get a little ribbon to wear on our class B's...but not until we have the privilege...so that doesn't really mean anything...to get this...we had to kill ourselves...Yes, that means I am dead...just kidding. Anyway, to get this piece of cloth we had to....

A: Play tug of War with Upperclassmen...we lost every time
B: Pull a Truck some many yards...uphill for the first 1/3 of the course
C: As a group carry Rail Road ties some many yards before another company does...we won our match.
D: DO stupid pull ups...we died in that.
E: Carry a bunch of heavy gear for 20 minutes...that hurt.

Besides all of this wonderful stuff, there is still the fact that Thanksgiving break starts in 12 days...I am sort of happy about this...I mean yes, it will be wonderful, but there are some things that I wonder about...and will probably find out during Break...very nerve wracking...

I don't really know what I am going to do all week...I guess I will play things by ear...I will see if several friends can get together sometime and do something...I don't know...it is hard to see what people are doing...especially when they don't reply to any means of contact.

That is all for now...I will blog again...maybe later tonight...

2 Comments:

Blogger Super Kiaya said...

I leave for TX the 20th.

Just... you know, as a factoid.
And your tasks sound grueling, but it sounds like you kinda had some fun in there.
:)
Miss you.

10:36 PM  
Blogger The Saxophone Player's Wife said...

Congratulations on this accomplishment! Sounds grueling.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home