Tuesday, October 30, 2007

ANOTHER Ball, a kilt, a set of bagpipes, Crossed Sabres...and a difficult choice...

I will start off with the kilt part.

Today was our "Halloween" Parade. It is the day when we get to dress up and look like idiots while putting on a skit. We did a Cav Troop Vs. Native Americans...plus a Scotsman, (Me.) My job was to dance around, (and that I did.) while the Native Americans and Troopers killed each other. I was glad I got to wear the kilt...it brought me back to the high beautiful mountains of Scotland. Well this event didn't last too long.

Anyway...the kilt stuff brings me to my next topic...the bagpipes...I am in the Military College of Vermont Pipes and Drums club...(yes, that is a bit to say.) and we learn how to play the Bagpipes or the drums that usually accompany the Bagpipes. Tis fun stuff...anyway. A couple of the higher ups in the club, went before the president, (of the college, who just happens to be U.S. Coast Guard Rear Admiral, Michael Schneider, Ret.) and presented the club and budget, uniform, etc. Well, not only did President Schneider like the club. He said that "I want this" meaning that we get a HUGE financial gift from him, (in the 50-60 thousands), and we are getting the uniforms finalized...and if this humble club of 30 people gets off the ground...we may become our own company in the Corps of Cadets. While this is GREAT news...there is a drawback...I would have to leave Cavalry Troop. I would have to give up my Crossed Sabres...this will be a hard choice...I mean what will I use more often? My knowledge of Bagpipes and my skill with them, or my riding skills?

Anyway, that was the combination of the rest of my topics...now for some more pictures...

Me and my room mate...


One of my Rook Buddies...looks very nice, yes?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Saxophone Player's Wife said...

Looks like fun. Really cool that the President wants to back your club. That decision doesn't sound like an easy one. Did you do much riding before going to college? I didn't know you were a horseman. Hmmmmm.... I think it would be hard to give up the crossed sabers. Which group do you get a long with most?

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home