Monday, September 03, 2007

Who is this Recruit?...What was this Recruit thinking?

The Second week of School has come and gone...and these recruits are delving deeper into hell.

What was I thinking? Who am I to say that I could meet such high mental, emotional and physical stress? Before I even go there, who am I? I have been stripped of pride, possession, and even as I speak, memories slowly fade into the mists of time.

Laughter, is no more.
Talking like a civilized person, is no more.
Happiness, is no more.
Basic Rights...no more.


I am a shell of a man I was once before. All that is left is a broken, lonely, shred of a human. Who knows, maybe the damage is reverse able, maybe not. Only time will tell.

Who was I to think, even BEGIN to think I could do this?

There is a song I listened to when I was back for the short two weeks. It is about a love that had to be thrown away for a few years...but friendship still has some hold on it...

I don't remember the words now...but no matter how deep I go into misery, no matter, how far my memory fades, I will always remember the refrain...

"I'll be there, for me there's no sorrow worse to bear,
then our lives lived apart...I'll be there, for you."

That is like the one of the strands of hope I cling to. Getting emails, letters, and precious stuff like that is worth a million dollars to be.

That is all for now...who knows, if I will be back...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that your Cabana doesn't offer you the relaxation is implies.

Good luck, Brad.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Aielunknown said...

It isn't relaxation for me.but hopefully for others.

10:41 PM  
Blogger The Saxophone Player's Wife said...

Golly, Brad. It sounds really hard! Harder than you expected. Yet, I really do believe you can get through this and will be the better for it. I will keep you in prayer.

P.S. What is your snail mail address at school?

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home