Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The start...

Okay this was whatever popped into my head...and it seems to be going somewhere.

Time flows and twists, turns, drops, and rises; like a river.
It surges with emotion, rages when weather turns foul, soothes the upset soul with sounds of water running over rock and stone. Such is life; it has its peaks and valleys, its storms and peace.
The sun rises and the sun sets. Over and over this cycle will continue to the end of time. Like the sun movements, life has its moments of light, and its moments of complete, utter darkness, and when all hope seems lost when you can no longer see your way, remember; it is always darkest before the dawn. Hope comes with the dawn, and new eagerness.
What has happened cannot be taken back, and what will, has yet to be seen. The sun sets, it is getting cold. Chilly breezes cut through garment, skin and soul alike. It howls, tears and moans, never ceasing. Yet in the mind, there is that spot of sun and warmth, you reach for it. However, as you reach the warmth, it disappears and all tumbles back in to utter darkness and bitter cold…yet if it be so dark that you cannot see…the stars may come out and be your guide.
“Presence is more than just being there.” That is what the wise men say. The companions leave, they pledge loyalty and support. Yet when the time comes to show their colors, they abandon the Hope and turn away. Left alone you freeze, and wonder, why? Why did they leave? Do they not see that it is worth it, worth the pain, worth the agony? Nay, they do not.
Hope flees, Doom comes over the horizon, and it stalks you, his prey. He mocks laughs and scorns. As he prepares to strike, Hope is there, battling the evil monstrosity. Hope turns to you and tells you to go away, far away, and to start anew. Hope gives you a chance to do right, begin the life that was meant to be. You flee the battling giants.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Saxophone Player's Wife said...

This is very thought-provoking for me, because I've been thinking about friendship a lot lately.

One of the things I've sort of had to resign myself to is that sometimes people just can't meet their end of "the deal". It's a bummer, because we expect friendship to be this balance of give and receive. Yet, it's not always like that.

Lately, I've been wondering if that balance is really only achieved in our marriage relationship. Outside of that, we may just have to do more giving in some relationships, than others---and maybe that's OK.
Maybe, that is our opportunity to "do unto others." Maybe, we have more to give than they do.

Personally, and I think you can relate, even if the relationship seems unbalanced, so long as I know I do have something to give, it seems wrong not to give it.

I also wonder if I just have wrong expectations.

Anyway...blah, blah, blah, Caroline. It's time to be quiet.

Hey, on ANOTHER note, do you eat nuts?

(FYI...I deleted this the first tie, because I had a paragraph spacing issue.)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Aielunknown said...

Yes...I do eat nuts...why?

2:28 PM  
Blogger Reepicheep said...

I eat nuts too.

I liked this post too, probably for similar reasons as thegregansonline, though I'm not sure if I could have rendered it as well.

And its true what she says, I think. I have some friends where I feel like I wish they'd give back more, but on the other hand I know that I have some friends with whom I could probably be giving more. It really can be work to try and keep up with everybody, and I try to remember that when I am disappointed by someone not coming when I wish they could.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home