Sunday, June 24, 2007

Thoughts...

Hullo all,

I am here in Waterford, Ireland. Today was a good day, I can say, I kissed the Blarney Stone. But that is for another post.

When you travel the way I do, you become another person...You see things people only dream of seeing, you do things people dream of doing, and it is hard for you to express the joys and hardships of travelling...because only you have gone through it. I used this trip as a renewing trip, Who am I? WHat do I believe? THese were some of the questions that were asked.

I also used the trip for evaluation. Measuring friendships and the like. THings like these canm help indicate a lot. You see who thinks of you and vice versa. Promises, they were tested as well, some were held, others broken.

I learned things got in touch with who I will become. THought of life after college, thoughts of what I would want in a wife. Things that are quite relevent. Stuff like that.

While I was in Wales, I got a Lovespoon. A Lovespoon is a spoon that was (traditionally) made by a young man and was given to the girl he loved, I bought one for myself...and whoever I love will end up getting a nice looking spoon.

I also got myself a Claddagh Ring. These rings are traditionally worn by the Irish, and was a sign of if they were "free and on the market" or if they were taken, and depending on how it is worn shows your status. If the tip of the heart on the ring is poiting away from you, if signifies that you are NOt taken, and if the tip is pointings towards you (your heart) it shows that your heart is promised. So I got one since I like cultural things. And for those who don't know, I bought a kilt of my clan. Laugh if you want, but it is a thing of cultural and ancesteral pride. I wear it with honor andf pride.

Many things have changed, I think that bears saying again. I find that people who I thought as mere people in my life, I have begun to miss them a lot. It's odd. My current room overlooks the river Suir, and I sit next to the window and listen to it...it is calming.

I have become quite the dancer while I was over here...and well I never thought that was possible. Who knows? I may end up moving to Scotland...or maybe London. London is a beautiful city. And who knows, I may come back with a wife if I were to do that...So many things rushing through the mind. One thing is sure...Many things are changing...friendships will be tried...made and broken, THings will fall into place, and out of place. Dreams will come true, and shattered...This will be...,


The Summer of Trials

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love an authentic Irish Claddagh ring. I don't know where my Claddagh is. =[ But I love them.

Spoons...idk. I gues I'd have to Welsh to appreciate getting a spoon from a boy.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Super Kiaya said...

I love this post.

I miss you Brad - it's crazy - I've been so busy in LA I haven't been able to email anyone, or even really get into the journals with Hannah and Abi.

I'm glad you're thinking and having an adventure. It all sounds glamorous and just incredible.

My father's wedding ring is a Claddagh - it was my stepmother's...grandfathers? Who came over from Ireland to America himself. I love it - it's a really deep rich gold, worn down from lots of love and wear. It's a great thing.

And kilts are cool if they're worn right. :-) You're a cultural sort of person Brad - you're proud of your heritage and it's a learning experience to listen to you.

What's the spoon made of? (I ask the most silly questions.)

Safe travels, okay?

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love irish rings, its awesome you got a REAL authentic Claddagh one.

And I agree with Kiaya-
This was a beautiful post.

God bless!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-chuckles-

We were wondering how long it would take for you to get rid of the post.

Ohh my.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

=p

Not that we were trying to get you to delete it. It's just that you always get rid of posts when people leave comments like such that were left.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Aielunknown said...

That was not the reason...I don't like taking that from people that are completely ignorant. Not that it is your fault...I just explained wrong...but still.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I don't think I'm completely ignorant....

Anyway, I'm not here for that. I'm here to say that when I heard about the Glasgow Airport attack, I thought about you and was thanking God you were in no way affected by the terrorist threats in GB. Thank God He held back this present trouble until you were in the US. That's a really blessing!

God bless you, Brad. You remain in my prayers. I wish you all the best in Norwich. Have a great time!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home