Monday, April 16, 2007

Norwich and stuff...

Well, I guess I will break this post into sections to make it more chewable. Here we go...

FRIDAY...the 13

Well the only thing worth mentioning was working for 9 hours. 12-9. That is my personal record for work outside working for a relative. (i.e. my grandfather 10 hours.) Then Randy slept over for the big day.

SATURDAY...Jeep haters...>_> Yes Zeke that means you. :-P

This is where the bulk of the post will be...I hope. Since Randy slept over, I had a little trouble sleeping. When he is both tired AND excited, he talks more than anybody I know. So, the day official began at 3:30 AM. We were supposed to get up a 4 AM...but apprently, my cell phone, Randy's cell phone, my computer clock, and alrm clock display diffrent times. And I woke up to the earliest of these which was my Alarm clock. (I didn't realize that it was half an hour behind the rest.) But that was Ok. I got up, and got dressed. Randy eventually did the same. The time is 3:45 at this time...SO, Randy and I decided to leave then. We drve down to the corner of the road, and sat there for a few minutes, deciding whether to wait there till 4:30, our original leave time, or drive to some gas station and wait there. We decided to do the gas station deal. Here are some pictures from this time...

This is Randy...he is somewhat awake...

THIS is Randy at 3:45 AM...a complete nut-case. Next picture.

This is his "Mad" expression...now to the next....

Your truly, the creator of the trip, and all around good guy. ME! At 3:45

That is all of the pictures for now. Back to the story. Anyway we drove off, I decided to stop closer to our next destination. So eventually we got off the exit and found a nice gas station to wait at. We went inside, and got a drink. We waited out our time then we called our other two members. The initial call, failed. Then we tried the second...we got him. I told him that we were about five minutes away and that they should be getting ready. Then we drove off.

Now, when we reached the road I was supposed to turn on to, I missed it, because A certain someone wouldn't shut up, and I was distracted. Then I turned around, and straightened out my error. We soon arrived at...The Gable Household. When I turned into their driveway, I didn't see anybody, but sure enough they came. They looked like they were not awake yet, and very zombie-ish like...at least that is what they wanted to look like. (Sorry Guys, didn't happen.) The they piled in, and we left. We hit Dunkin's on the way to Norwich, and we talked, about very random stuff on the way up. We got there...about 15-20 minutes early, so once I registered, we walked around the various tables, seeing what was being displayed. My favrite table was the Bagpipe team. They looked amazing in kilts and tartans. They are fairly new, and I may join them. After browsing through some other tables, Abi and I sat down and had a muffin, and some Orange juice, Randy and Zeke were stuck at the Electrical table, But of course, soon after Abi ad I sat down munching anad talking away, Randy comes over and says that He didn't understand a thing that Zeke was saying...so he came to join us. The muffins were not bad, the orange juice in Abi's case like to spit. Fun stuff.

Then after all of this, the official welcoming started, there was the posting of the flags, (National, State, Norwich, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines.) Then a group sand the National Anthem. Then we got the welcoming speech, it came and went, then the Prospects and their families broke up by Major. Eventual CJ (Criminal Justice) was called, we all filed out, and made our way to White Chapel. There, we heard from the overseer if you will, of the CJ Department. He explained the curriculum and fun stuff like that. Then some students spoke on what they did, some trips they went on, and some interesting internships they received. Then since we finished early, we were able to take a peek in a Cadet's Room. Two things come to mind; 1)Empty 2) Clean. Now, I have seen both Cadet rooms, and Civi.. Rooms. Civi rooms are usually a mess. So yeah, Cadets are coller in this respect. Anyway, then we went to lunch. I had a meat, and cheese sandwich. GOOD FOOD. After lunch, we prepared to leave. Then we left. On the way out Abi took some photos...here is oe or two of me favorites...



The ride home was good...except for the beginning before turning onto the highway, we almost lifted onto two wheels, all courtesy of Randy and speed. That didn't last long. As soon as we found a rest area, Zeke and Randy switched, from then on, we had a more peaceful ride. 2 hours later, we dropped of the Gables, and we left...

The End.

Well, my thoughts? See the next post.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(you don't sound too excited in this post...is that true?)
You missed the parts where Randy, Zeke, and I had to try reeeally hard not to laugh out loud. :-P
Or is that something you'de rather forget? ;-)

And yes, my cup of juice spat alot. Sorry 'bout that.

I hope we didn't embarass (sp?) you during the trip there.... *sheepish*

God bless

11:24 AM  
Blogger Aielunknown said...

No, it's not true. I AM excited...I am just tired, and rushed. That is all. :-)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Aielunknown said...

And no I am not and WAS not embarrassed. Also, like I said, I was rushed. So I skipped certain parts, though that was funny.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randy. I think...Is officially rad. not sure why.

anyways. It's looks like a fab place. Brick will pwn the earth.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Super Kiaya said...

I almost missed this post. Gah.

Sounds like you had fun. :)
However, I won't drive with Randy. I barely drive with Zeke. :-P But he's improved with time.

Anyway. Nice pictures. And you are an all around good guy. :)

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home