Thursday, November 09, 2006

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole: The man and his music



This man is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, or as his fans have named him, "Bruhdah IZ" Some of his top hits were "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", "In Dis Life", and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (In Hawaiian)"


The first two songs mentioned are on my old Xanga...go listen to them. Iz died when he was 38 due to his morbid obeseness. Yet he leaves behind a legacy that no one will forget. As long as there is music, there will be IZ.

The video in here is IZ in life...he was amazing. Listen to his music. Go to the wikipedia article on him....truly wonderful.

Brad

Mahalo all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful voice.

And I love that song.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That is incredible. Thank you so much for sharing that video. The intro to that song was used on a commercial or something, right? I know I've heard it before somewhere. What a voice. What a ukelele player! Wow. I hope he was a Brother in the Lord and we'll get to hear him again one day...

9:36 PM  
Blogger Super Kiaya said...

Wow, that's awesome! I feel like I've heard it before... hm. Thank you for sharing!! :)

9:58 PM  
Blogger Reepicheep said...

Amazingly beauftiful. Thats awesome.

Tragic about his death though, he seemed like an amazing human...

Maybe I should lay off on the cake...

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home