Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I Hate It When This Happens...

Well, Today I asked my parents when I could go see a ARNG Recruiter. They said maybe next week. Then they asked..."Why do you want to meet with one?" I answer,"To see what my enlistment options are." They don't like this and give me the look of "Oh wait...You were SERIOUS?"

So now, the whole Recruiter thing is on hold till next year most likely...when I turn 18 (The age I can enlist without parental consent.). So, this didn't really make my day...so then I tried to juggle my limes...I couldn't really do it, because I was busy thinking or too upset to do it. This is something I REALLY want to do. But I am denied that.

This really dropped my hopes, and selfesteem, Now people wonder why I am usually a loner and don't share things with other people...

If people only knew...


The Outcast of First AGAPE, The Loner of the Halls...

Me

4 Comments:

Blogger Reepicheep said...

Man, thats the pits...I'm so sorry it didn't work out.

Its a noble cause, but I was wondering how your parents felt about it. *sigh* this is when I feel like I don't know exactly how to be a good friend.

I know you would make an amazing soldier, but don't be too down on your parents- more likely then not they just don't want to see THE brad go away. I don't blame them... We'd miss you and yeah, we'd worry too. Not saying you shouldn't go, but- but I don't know. Pray about it; this will give you a little extra time to mull it over, if you want to look on the bright side. Like I said, no doubt you have what it takes. But if you COULD hang around here more, I would not object.

I understand how this could drop ones hopes, but I don't understand the selfesteem thing, if I may say so. Its not like the military rejected you, you were obstructed by an outside force. Thats not a reflection on your self worth.

It kinda makes me sad to see you sign off as outcast to degree, but I suppose I will let it slide as long as me and your other friends can still hang out and discuss things... any degree above that and I will take issue- please forgive my selfish soul. But I mean...yeah. Can't let this happen.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Aielunknown said...

It will still work out :-D I might have to wait a little longer that's all...and when I DO join, I will still be around...it the Guard after all!

About the whole selfesteem thing, It is hard to define or lay out on the internet...when I see you next I will explain better maybe.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, there've been a few incidents in the past few days with guys connected to Agape (see prayer forum). Maybe, that's playing a part in Mom & Pop's attitude right now.

I'd hate to see you suffer ANY physical harm, but you know, only God can say when your time is up.

If you have the courage and vision to pursue the military, maybe that's where God is calling you---at least for a season. Just keep Him Lord. He'll open the doors that need to open. And---even cooler---close the doors you shouldn't go through.

You know, there's a lot to be said for having a godly, intelligent, and emotionally grounded soldier on our side.

Oh, BTW, it's actually not a bad thing to not "fit in" sometimes. Most likely it means you're doing something right. :)

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please stop calling yourself an outcast. It's so depressing, and untrue.

I mean, the longer you do it, the more I'm gonna think you just want attention, and you don't strike me as that sort of weirdo. So stop. Please.

ta.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home