Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Work, books, and tornadoes, OH MY!

Well, today I worked again...at the Land of Mordor. Not really, but it looked like it. Barren and lifeless like, th esun was red...and hazy. Today I went on a Stake-out...where I...well...Staked. Fun stuff...and today I was promoted to the rank of Upper Grunt (That's still pretty low.) At this rank, I am now entitled to wear a surveyor's belt, and am entitled to more work...fun stuff.

After work (Which started at 6:40 am-3:40 pm) we went to the bookstore. There I bought "A Grief Observed", "The Great Divorce", and "The Problem of Pain"...All by CS Lewis. After these three books I have 4 other books of his to read.

And we've had weird weather lately...tornadoes, hail...etc.

Well that's all from the CT front...Talk to ya'll later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad, forgive me if I missed something...
YOU'RE WORKING IN MORDOR??? Doing what? Orc Taxation?
lol
Sorry, I thought I'd try to be funny. Seriously, I must have missed a post on Xanga... I missed why the heck you're in CONNECTICUT in the FIRST PLACE. YEESH.
lol
Actually, I'm quite fond of that state. Is it nice? I mean, other than the raging tornadoes trying to pull you off into Oz?
I hear it's nice there this time of year.
Later Brad!
~KIAYA
~*~

11:41 AM  
Blogger Reepicheep said...

Three C.S. Lewis books... you are truly awesome.

"At this rank, I am now entitled to wear a surveyor's belt, and am entitled to more work"

Reminds me of the exchange in "Rack, Shack and Benny"
Mr. Nezzer: Hey, how would you like to be my new managers?

Bob: That sounds great, what does it mean?

Mr. Lunt: It means you have to wear a tie.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol....sorry about all the work. ;) Mordor, huh? Wow. Nice...I'd like to get into some deeper books like those...

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home